Casino Funding Methods: An Overview of Neosurf , Visa, MasterCard
Casino funding methods can significantly influence your online wagering experience. After all, the last thing any fan wants is to spot a tempting offer they intend to take advantage of, or a tournament they have been waiting to participate in, to find that they are unable to process the required payment to be able to do so.
There is also the issue of processing fees and methods which involve free transactions are becoming increasingly popular as opposed to those which do not.
What are the criteria to look out for when selecting a casino funding method?
And which options out of Neosurf, Visa and MasterCard come close to meeting them all? Find out right here.
Selecting a Casino Funding Method
When opting for a casino payment method, there are a number of criteria that you will need to take into consideration. These include the following:
- Widespread availability: Certain payment methods have the advantage of being extremely popular and virtually indispensable for transactions of all kinds. As a result, you are most likely to find them at every virtual wagering establishment you visit, even those which offer a rather limited selection of payment options.
- Security: Certain payment methods require you to provide key information which could compromise the security of your accounts if an unauthorized party gains access to such data. Others, on the other hand, permit you to process payments without having to provide such vital information, minimizing the risk of unauthorized parties gaining access to your funds.
- Location: There are a number of location-specific payment methods. And depending on where you live, these options may not only be available to you, but may also prove extremely convenient to use.
- Cost of Processing: It is worth noting that you may be charged a fee for using certain options to process transactions at a betting website. As a result, you will need to check with both your provider and the wagering establishment to ascertain if the payment method you wish to use falls under this category.
- Processing times: Although most betting websites will process deposits instantly for the majority of payment methods, they may take between three to eight days to process withdrawals.
This is another factor that you will need to take into consideration due to concerns of convenience.
- Widespread availability: It is worth noting that Neosurf is not a payment method which is widely used in comparison to others such as Visa, MasterCard, or even PayPal or Skrill.
Although it is offered by certain top tier establishments, its use remains somewhat limited.
- Security: One of the very best aspects of paying with Neosurf is the fact that no sensitive information is necessary during the transaction. All that is required is purchasing a voucher online or from a vendor.
In order to process a payment with it, you will need to select the 'Payment' tab on your online casino, select 'Neosurf', from the list of options, key in the required amount and enter in your voucher number.
As a result, this payment method may be considered to be a rather secure option.
- Location: Neosurf happens to be a location-specific method. The payment voucher is available in the following countries: Austria, Canada, Germany and the UK. As a result, you will be able to use it if you reside in any of the locations which have been mentioned.
- Cost of Processing: Online casinos do not generally charge fees for processing transactions using this payment method, however, you will need to verify the presence or absence of fees for using Neosurf with your own betting website operator.
- Processing times: Deposits processed using Neosurf are generally instant. However, this method is not suitable for withdrawals and certain betting websites may suggest the use of bank transfers to process such transactions, instead.
- Widespread availability: Visa remains one of the most widely used payment methods on the globe. Every reputable wagering establishment, even those which offer rather limited options, accept Visa for both deposits and withdrawals since failing to do so could mean missing out on a sizeable number of potential clients.
- Security: Although reputable betting websites implement effective security measures and banks, in general, possess some of the most robust security, using Visa does require providing quite a bit of sensitive information.
In addition to the 16-digit code, you will also need to provide your card's expiry date as well as the three-digit security number at the back of the card, which can place your credit or debit card account at risk if someone happens to be taking a peek at the screen without your knowledge.
- Location: Visa is available worldwide, meaning you will be able to use it wherever you are on the globe.
- Cost of Processing: Some betting websites charge fees for using Visa, and others do not. However, you will need to verify with your online casino before deciding if you would like to use the option or not.
- Processing times: As is the case with the majority of payment methods, deposits made using this option are instant, however, withdrawals may be processed within three days, or on the other hand, may take as many as eight days to be paid out.
- Widespread availability: Like Visa, MasterCard is also another payment method which is virtually available globally. However, it is worth noting that certain banks may not permit their clients to process deposits or withdrawals at any wagering websites.
- Security: Again MasterCard comes with the same risks as Visa. As a result, you will need to keep your details as safe as possible and process all transactions in a safe, private place.
- Location: MasterCard is by no means location-specific and is available to online casino fans regardless of their location.
- Cost of Processing: As is the case with Visa, some online casinos will also charge a fee for processing transactions with this option, while others may not.
- Processing times: As has been noted above, deposits are generally processed instantly, and it is no different for MasterCard. However, withdrawals on the other hand, may be processed within one to three days, or may take as long as eight days depending on the betting website you are registered at.